ffmpeg and liba52

Andrew Benton andy at benton987.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 03:10:30 PST 2004

Markus Mahlberg wrote:
> Has anybody solved the problem of using them together?
> The problem is that I can't decode even my private DVDs made with
> my cam which I would like to to give em away to my friends ( and no,
> I'm NOT talking of movie-piracy). Since I don't have the DV sources
> anymore, I'm a bit stuck...
>
> Markus

I'm not really sure where I found the attached patch (I think it may
have been in gentoo's bugzilla) but it allows me to compile
ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1 with the option --enable-a52

tar xzf ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1.tar.gz &&
cd ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1 &&
patch -Np1 -i ../ffmpeg-a52.patch
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-a52 --enable-gpl --enable-shared
--enable-mp3lame &&
make &&
make install

Hope this helps