Gnome Help vs. Luddites

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 01:27:12 PST 2004

> Other than that, I don't have a clue what could be wrong. The GNOME
> desktop is growing on me. I have always preferred KDE. Now I sit on the
> fence. There's good and not-so-good with both.

As someone who feels he wants NEITHER kde or gnome, just looking at
the instances of complaints here is revealing. I don't know what
current versions of either look like. But the issues reported here are
different. My archives on gmail (Last month or two) have 8 threads
about kde, 15 about gnome

gnome: continual writhing agony about upgrading dependencies,
installation issues.
kde: The odd complaint about sound, "This bell is silent, or this
whistle is out of tune"

--
     All the Best

     Declan.