PPP on recent LFS

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed Dec 15 02:20:15 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 15:39 +0100, Norman Urs Baier wrote:
> What are previous LFS versions, what are previous pppd versions. Do you have a
> Gateway defined somewhere in your /etc/sysconfig? pppd does not like that and
> previous versions had a switch replacedefaultroute, that does not work
> anymore, because pppd developpers think this is only used in a inconsistent
> network setup.
>
> Norman

Previous LFS versions being anything prior to the switch to iproute2 (my
main system is from May this year), and pppd version being 2.4.2 in both
cases (tried 2.4.3 and that also fails).

Looks like you're right on the sysconfig bit though - somehow, a GATEWAY
entry has crept into my ifconfig.eth0/ipv4 file. Not sure where that
came from (probably a careless copy-paste from the book), but it's not
there in my current system. I'll test it next time I reboot, verify that
that's the cause.

Thanks.

Simon.