PPP on recent LFS

Norman Urs Baier spiessli at gmx.net
Tue Dec 14 06:39:06 PST 2004

On Tuesday, 14. December 2004 11.56, Simon Geard wrote:
 Just tried getting things working on a recent LFS build, and found
 something annoying. Basically, my scripts start pppd and connect to the
 net fine - however, pppd is not changing the default root as it does on
 previous LFS versions. My suspicion is that it's related to the switch
 to using iproute2 in current LFS.

 Anyone have a solution? I can manually change the default route after
 connecting, but that's a pain...

 The connection command I'm using for pppd is:

 exec /usr/sbin/pppd debug lock modem crtscts $DEVICE 115200 updetach \
   asyncmap 20A0000 escape FF kdebug 0 $LOCAL_IP:$REMOTE_IP \
   noipdefault netmask $NETMASK defaultroute connect $DIALER_SCRIPT

What are previous LFS versions, what are previous pppd versions. Do you have a
Gateway defined somewhere in your /etc/sysconfig? pppd does not like that and
previous versions had a switch replacedefaultroute, that does not work
anymore, because pppd developpers think this is only used in a inconsistent
network setup.

Norman