PPP on recent LFS

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 14 02:56:58 PST 2004

Hi all...

Just tried getting things working on a recent LFS build, and found
something annoying. Basically, my scripts start pppd and connect to the
net fine - however, pppd is not changing the default root as it does on
previous LFS versions. My suspicion is that it's related to the switch
to using iproute2 in current LFS.

Anyone have a solution? I can manually change the default route after
connecting, but that's a pain...

The connection command I'm using for pppd is:

exec /usr/sbin/pppd debug lock modem crtscts $DEVICE 115200 updetach \
  asyncmap 20A0000 escape FF kdebug 0 $LOCAL_IP:$REMOTE_IP \
  noipdefault netmask $NETMASK defaultroute connect $DIALER_SCRIPT

(taken from a sample script found somewhere online)

Simon.