FireFox

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri Dec 10 09:51:33 PST 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Norman Urs Baier wrote:

> Thanks for the hint, but I did use that option, here is the complete
> commandline for configure (more or less copy pasted from BLFS SVN), and the
> file mozconfig that was created from it:
>
> ./configure
> --disable-proflelocking

I don't have this.

> --with-system-jpeg
> --prefix=/opt/mozilla
> --with-system-zlib
> --with-system-png
> --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
> --disable-mailnews
> --disable-ldap
> --enable-xft
> --disable-freetype2
> --enable-crypto
> --enable-xinerama
> --enable-single-profile
> --disable-composer
> --enable-extensions=all,-typeaheadfind
> --disable-installer
> --disable-tests
> --disable-debug
> --enable-optimize

 I have --enable-optimize='-O2 -s'
which is probably redundant because my build used
-O2 -pipe -ansi -Wall -pthread -O2 -s -fPIC

- thanks for making me check this!

> --disable-logging
> --enable-reorder
> --enable-strip
> --disable-pedantic
> --enable-cpp-rtti
> --disable-profilesharing

 I also have the following, dunno if they are useful or bogus here.

 --with-system-mng
 --with-x
 --enable-xsl
 --enable-accessibility
 --disable-calendar
 --disable-dtd-debug
 --with-java-supplement
 --disable-jsd
 --enable-plaintext-editor-only
 --enable-strip-libs
 --enable-elf-dynstr-gc
 --without-system-nspr
 --enable-nspr-autoconf
 --with-pthreads
 --enable-old-abi-compat-wrappers

But, none of the, look like things that would restrict you to one
instance per profile.

None of the following appear in my log, although I noticed that
negotiateauth was removed from my options by configure.

> export MOZ_PHOENIX=1
> mk_add_options MOZ_PHOENIX=1
>
> ac_add_options --disable-ldap
> ac_add_options --disable-mailnews
> ac_add_options
> --enable-extensions=cookie,xml-rpc,xmlextras,pref,transformiix,un
> iversalchardet,webservices,inspector,gnomevfs,negotiateauth
> ac_add_options --enable-crypto
> ac_add_options --disable-composer
> ac_add_options --enable-single-profile
> ac_add_options --disable-profilesharing
> ac_add_options --disable-profilelocking

I can't see why we get different results.  I'm beginning to doubt the
wisdom of following --enable-single-profile with
--disable-profilesharing, except that we both have both of these, and in
the same order.  Sorry, maybe somebody else can identify what is
important.

Ken