applications forking / not threading

Matthias B. msbREMOVE-THIS at winterdrache.de
Fri Dec 10 06:16:12 PST 2004

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:38:39 -0700 Aaron BRICE <aaron.brice at st.com> wrote:

> I don't know about that.  If you have a linuxthreads process with
> multiple threads, and you start killing threads, what is the correct
> behavior?  I've never tried that.  Maybe the main thread is supposed to
> stay there until all the child threads die?

I suggest you read the glibc manual (info libc) if you're interested in
these low-level details. It talks extensively about threads, signals and
forks and how they all interact.

MSB

--
Where...the ENIAC is equipped with 18000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons,
computers in the future may have 1000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh just

Popular Mechanics, March 1949, p.258