KPDF is dropping `fi`'s ?

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 01:29:14 PST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 20:00:08 +0000, John Gay <johngay at eircom.net> wrote:

> > For ps/pdf files, there are a standard 15 (level 1) and an extra
> > 15(level 2) postscript fonts.
> > Does gs display your docs correctly? (type gs <path/filename> in an
> > xterm).
> Yes, it does. But I imagine that's why xpdf also shows it correctly.
>
> > If so, junk kpdf fonts in favour of the gs ones, & link to
> > them instead.
> And here I thought kpdf was using gs through xpdf and therefore would use it's
> fonts as well. That's what I get for thinking (-;
>
> I'll just have to figure out how to do that now. Thanx for the info.

Don't take me as the last word on anything beginning with 'g' or 'k'
as I haven't had gnome or kde for some time now. The fact is there are
about 4 separate classes of fonts (besides unicode) on my system  and
most things have their own font engine. As for who uses which font,
you are definitely on your own.

--
     All the Best

     Declan.