LFS 5.1.1 and mimedefang

zareh at dslextreme.com zareh at dslextreme.com
Tue Dec 7 22:41:58 PST 2004

Hi all,

I successfuly built LFS 5.1.1, built and installed sendmail 8.13.1 with
mimedefang 2.49 - mimedefang starts properly... but I cannot kill the main
mimedefang process, I have to kill its child process by hand before the
main mimedefang process will shut down. Has anyone on the list built and
ran mimedefang successfuly?

To give a quick summary, the main mimedefang process spawns a child and
the child appears to be in an 'rt_sig' state, which I have no idea what it
means. I've posted alot of details to the mimedefang-support mailing list,
but have not recieved any replies, can anyone suggest what could be wrong?

I'm including a link to what I've already posted to their mailing list
incase someone here is interested or is willing to help:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-December/025544.html

I'm truly at a loss why this is happening, I've built/ran mimedefang on
linux/solaris before and this is the first time I've ran into this
problem.