Fonts, particularly helvetica

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 09:44:55 PST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 22:38:26 +0000 (GMT), Ken Moffat
<ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net> wrote:
>  I'm running an LFS-5.1 system with abiword-2.0 and X-6.7.0.  I've got a
> document that I created on the previous series of abiword with a
> helvetica font.  When I start abiword from an xterm I can see an error:
>
> GnomePrint: Requested Helvetica but using Sans
>
>  I'm guessing I need to get some (more) ttf fonts, and set up some sort
> of alias file somewhere.  Does that sound right ?  Any pointers to where
> the fonts should come from, and how to do the alias file, please ?
>
>  I've got the Vera and Luxi TTF fonts (of course) or is there something
> better (and free) ?

I found  docs in the abiword-1.x source which were a very good
treatment of how to go
about that. In typical m$ fashion, it's in .abw format only :-/. Check
the source for 2.0.

Anyhow, any .pfa or .pfb fonts are acceptable, and some others you had
to think about.
I moved to Openoffice, and that's handier.

--
     All the Best

     Declan.