Fonts, particularly helvetica

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sat Dec 4 14:38:26 PST 2004

 I'm running an LFS-5.1 system with abiword-2.0 and X-6.7.0.  I've got a
document that I created on the previous series of abiword with a
helvetica font.  When I start abiword from an xterm I can see an error:

GnomePrint: Requested Helvetica but using Sans

 I'm guessing I need to get some (more) ttf fonts, and set up some sort
of alias file somewhere.  Does that sound right ?  Any pointers to where
the fonts should come from, and how to do the alias file, please ?

 I've got the Vera and Luxi TTF fonts (of course) or is there something
better (and free) ?

Ken