LDAP or SQL?

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 2 22:14:47 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 06:59:12AM +0100, Thomas Trepl wrote:

> Samba authentication against LDAP is possible, but (imho not very easy). You
> have to setup a huge schema in the tree.

Luckily I do not have need for a centralized fileserver. Also, I'm not
allowing MS boxes to act as controllers for a netBIOS network.

--
Archaic

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never
will.  Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out
the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them;
and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or
blows, or with both.  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the
endurance of those whom they oppress.

- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857