LDAP or SQL?

S. Anthony Sequeira tony at sequeira.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 11:46:03 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 12:30 -0700, Archaic wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 07:20:21PM +0000, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:
> >
> > HTH.
>
> It helped in giving me a rather bleak outlook on my situation. ;)

I see the smiley, but don't get me wrong.  It most probably is my
problem that I have problems.  I went in blind, mainly because there is
so much bumph to read.

I thought I'd give you my feedback as things are now.  I should have
really said "LDAP is great", and gained a companion in misfortune ;)

I am playing with LDAP because I find the concept interesting, and, I
really want to centralise my addressbook, and couldn't really settle on
a better tool.  I may have been wrong.

Anyway, don't let me put you off.  There are a lot of people using LDAP
out there successfully.
--
Onward through the fog.