LDAP or SQL?

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 2 10:33:41 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 12:19:44PM -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> How do you plan on authenticating (user logins, etc)?

I'm considering radius, ATM.

> Along that thought, where are you going to store user passwords?

In a dedicated database server that is replicated on a redundant backup.

But that really isn't so much of a concern at this point. What is a
concern, is the type of db I'm going to use. I've used SQL for simple
mailuser databases on another network, but they were mostly static and
didn't require administration. If both db's are rock solid, then it may
come down to which ones have better web-based or java-based (or other
portable GUI) admin tools since non-sysadmin people will be doing most
of the data manipulation. I've used PRISM, and hated it. :)

--
Archaic

It would be thought a hard government that should tax its people one
tenth part.

- Benjamin Franklin