LDAP or SQL?

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 2 10:04:37 PST 2004

I've been putting it off for too long, but it has finally become
necessary to centralize user information.

I'm looking into LDAP and SQL but would like to solicit opinions by
people who actually use them for centralized account information and
authentication.

I'm most interested in the pros and cons of the technologies and what
kind of user-friendly interfaces might exist for administration by both
admins and, to a lesser degree, users to change their personal info
and passwords.

Is anyone here running such a setup?

--
Archaic

I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution
which grant[s] a right to Congress of expending, on objects of
benevolence, the money of their constituents.

- James Madison, 1794