procmail cannot write to a specific mailbox

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Jul 31 12:02:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

 I've just figured out why my recipes to filter kernel mail broke this
afternoon, dumping all of it into my main mailbox : they didn't.  When
I finally decided to read the log from procmail, I found a lot of

procmail: Error while writing to "lkml"
procmail: Truncated file to former size

 In the meantime, I've been saving the mails to this mailbox from pine
without trouble.  The mailbox size is now about 52MB in size, with in
excess of 8800 mails, permissions are 0600.  This is on /home which is
33% used.

 I've now changed .procmailrc to repeat the recipe and send the mail to
"lkml2" if triggered, which is working.  Version is procmail-3.22.

 Google has a lot of references, but they mostly turn out to be errors
postfix is having in sending mail to procmail.  The man page suggests
wrong permissions or disk full.  Any other suggestions ?

Ken
--
 Peace, love, linux