'undefined symbol: cerr' on pre-compiled virus scanner

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Wed Jul 30 16:09:47 PDT 2003

Hi all,

1. Firstly, I seem unable to subscribe to this list - I'm getting a user
unknown error trying to email listar at linuxfromscratch.org. I don't know
if it's just temporary because I successfully subscribed to other lists
the other day. *As a result please cc me on any replies*.

2. Secondly, I'm having touble running a pre-compiled binary. The binary
in question is the Innoculan command line virus scanner, and
unfortunately is only downloadable already compiled.

The error message I get when trying to run it is:

./inocucmd: relocation error: ./inocucmd: undefined symbol: cerr

I believe this may be to do with either wrong version libraries or
missing libraries. Does any one know any files I should install to get
round this? The binary runs fine on a RH 7.2.

I am running a LFS 4.1 system, with a few server packages such as
apache, sendmail and bind installed. Please let me know if you require
any more information

3. On another note, can anyone recommend an email virus scanner? It
doesn't have to be free, but I can't afford to pay per domain as most
scanning software requires, as I plan to run a large number of domains
with small numbers of email addresses.

My original plan was AMaViS, with the innoculan command line scanner. I
seem unable to find pricing info on other command line scanners.

Thanks,

Andy Beverley