2.6.0-test kernel and pty problems

Joerg W Mittag Joerg.Mittag at Web.De
Wed Jul 30 15:12:56 PDT 2003

Jeremy Utley wrote:
> However, there's one possible issue - I do use devfs, so I'm
> wondering if devfs in 2.6 is still buggy in this respect.  Anyone
> else been experimenting and have any ideas on what I should look
> for?

The solution is actually pretty simple: since there *is* a working
pseudo filesystem for pseudo ttys and code duplication is a bad thing
anyway, the buggy code you mentioned has simply been removed. That
means you have to mount devpts on top of /dev/pts regardless of
whether you use a static /dev or devfs.

jwm