[LONG] Maintaining several identical installations of (B)LFS

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Wed Jul 30 13:03:29 PDT 2003

On 7/30/2003 9:58 AM, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> So I would like to know what is used by you for similar tasks (keeping several
> installations of BLFS identical).

There is a guy in my lug who ran mosix clusters for a while and he used
ClusterNFS to ease the administration.  Check out
http://clusternfs.sourceforge.net/

The other way I would think of in your situation is try and come up with
your own "Knoppix" type boot/live CD.  Similar to knoppix in that most
stuff is running out of RAM but different in that configurations and
home dirs come from NFS.

Another thing to try is see if you can limit clients to 10-BaseT while
the NFS server is left at 100-BaseT.  Will help to keep things a bit
fairer  :)

Good luck,

~Jason