[LONG] Maintaining several identical installations of (B)LFS

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Wed Jul 30 09:29:36 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 07:58:17PM +0600, Alexander E. Patrakov
enlightened us thusly
> Hi all, the problem is as follows. In the classroom, we have 15
> computers which must have both Windows 2000 (maybe we'll move to XP)
> and Linux (of course, from scratch).

[snip]

1. DO NOT move to XP, unless you want to drive everyone on to linux ;-)

2. There is rarely a software solution to insufficient or linited
hardware. It sounds like that is what you have got. You can only
optimise the performance of the things. Personally, if the network is
clogging, I'd look at options to keep traffic off.

A linux partition for each client would help. Ramdisks, or other options
would also.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.