glibc check errors

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Tue Jul 29 12:52:26 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 13:11, Rob van Dam wrote:
> I had errors checking glibc because I used binutils 2.13.2.1 instead of
> 2.13.2.
>
> I had to rebuild my system because of problems later on with KDE.

Ahh... then this would be the "gcc's scripts aren't bright enough to
handle four-numbered version numbers for binutils" problem unless I'm
overlooking something.  I caused a number of problems for LFS for
awhile.  You might check the LFS-dev and LFS-support archives if you
want more information.

This was fixed for gcc-3.2.3.