OO experts?? (was Editing PDFs)

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Jul 29 10:02:37 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 09:29:15PM +0800, NG WEY HAN enlightened us
thusly
> Quoting "Declan. Moriarty" <declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie>:
>
> > I did find ps2eps. So I read the form in Abrobat Reader, opened in
> > OO, and all I could see was a title description and a bounding box
> > for the image nicely and safely calculated by ps2eps. When I printed
> > this apparently blank page, I got the form! But this lack of wysiwyg
> > did prevent any meaningful editing of it. Having sent off the info
> > under trusty old vim and mutt, I could still fiddle up the bit I
> > have to swear at this end. But that's a triviality really.
>
> I believe you need to turn on an option in OO to see the underlying
> eps.  Check under OO's "option/preference | view" to see if there is
> anything you can turn on for OO to display the content instead of just
> the frame. I don't have a copy of OO lying around so I can't verify
> where in OO you set this option.
>
> Also, you might want to try to open a new document and paste from
> file. I am not sure about opening it in OO is what you really want but
> might work for you.
>
> HTH.

Well, It's the usual OO story.

Looking for one option, I found 5000 or so. I checked a few aned
unchecked a few but none looked the least like what you want, although
what you are saying is perfectly reasonable.

I shut OO and reopened it just to be sure, before loading an .eps file.
No dice.

I did try Abiword, only to get 199 pages of text from an eps file. But
it didn't hang, which was unusual.

Any OO experts out there can sort this one?

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.