glibc check errors

Didier didierj.richard at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 29 09:36:34 PDT 2003

esaul a écrit:
> Anyone else had errors on 'make check' for glibc? I tried it *exactly*
> according to the lfs instructions twice!

Which test fails ?
If it is the tst-atime, then this might mean that the file-system
hosting your Glibc source is mounted with the 'noatime' option. Remount
it with '-o atime' and it should be OK ...
Unless ... On my system, this same test always fails if the host
file-system is JFS. It works fine with Ext2 / Ext3, so there might be
something about JFS' way of storing times and dates, or the metadata
stuff ...

Didier