Editing PDFs

NG WEY HAN meehoon at pd.jaring.my
Tue Jul 29 06:29:15 PDT 2003

Quoting "Declan. Moriarty" <declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie>:

> I did find ps2eps. So I read the form in Abrobat Reader, opened in OO,
> and all I could see was a title description and a bounding box for the
> image nicely and safely calculated by ps2eps. When I printed this
> apparently blank page, I got the form! But this lack of wysiwyg did
> prevent any meaningful editing of it. Having sent off the info under
> trusty old vim and mutt, I could still fiddle up the bit I have to
> swear
> at this end. But that's a triviality really.

I believe you need to turn on an option in OO to see the underlying eps.
Check under OO's "option/preference | view" to see if there is anything you
can turn on for OO to display the content instead of just the frame. I don't
have a copy of OO lying around so I can't verify where in OO you set this
option.

Also, you might want to try to open a new document and paste from file. I
am not sure about opening it in OO is what you really want but might work
for you.

HTH.