DHCP net connection Fails

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Mon Jul 28 09:39:27 PDT 2003

layman wrote:
> DHCP-3.0pl2.
>
> During init it gives an error, Unforseen error occured
> in K80network.

Does dhclient have the same problem with the shutdown scripts that
dhcpcd does?  I've been monkeying around with the scripts for so long,
I've forgotten.

Layman, if the answer to my question above is yes, then you need to goto
http://search.linuxfromscratch.org/ and find it..it's well documented.
If nothing else, go back through (back to the LFS book and then BLFS)
and recreate each of the scripts.  It's probably something minor, like
maybe a variable (hint: DHCP_STOP) not set correctly.

DJ