X pixelated

felipe caicedo afcero at main-task.com
Mon Jul 28 09:40:53 PDT 2003

El Vie 25 Jul 2003 13:26, escribió:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 03:42:20PM -0500, felipe caicedo enlightened us
> thusly
>
> > Hi everybody!
> >
> > I'm using LFS 4.0 and installed XFree 4.3, following the BLFS 1.0 book
> > without any problem.
> > I have installed libpng and libjpg.
> > twm is running well so I installed BlackBox,
> > and everything was just fine, but the
> > graphics are getting pixelated
>
> This conveys very little. WHEN are they pixelated, Or grainy?
>
> > Then I tried WindowMaker
> > but nothing changes, and I wonder if I missed some extra lib needed with
> > these WMs, or if it could be an X problem.
> > The video-card is a SIS-530.
>
> This can happen if your video mode is 640x480 or something like that.
> Check what mode you are running on.

You're right, I made an xf86config and X got better, I don't know how it was
configuired but the new configuration is 1024x768, I think the old
configuration was higher (because icons were more little than now) and maybe
that was the poblem. The first time I made it the

XFree86 -configure

way because it worked on other systems but maybe that isn't always the best
way.

Thank you very much

Felipe Caicedo