dhcp client question.

Ng, Wey-Han meehoon at pd.jaring.my
Mon Jul 28 04:29:41 PDT 2003

Hi,

I was following the blfs book and see that there are two dhcp client provided
and one of them comes together with the dhcp server package (namely
dhclient). However, I find no explanation or reason for not using the dhclient
that came with the dhcpd. Though, I am very sure there is one or else the
book will not have mention dhcpcd at all, nor will most distribution I have
come across be using dhcpcd.

So my question is, apart from being a preference thing, why would
someone choose dhcpcd over dhclient? Security? Ease of usage?

Thanks.

--
Han.