X can't be compiled

Christian H. Kuhn qno at qno.de
Sun Jul 27 04:43:32 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I tried to compile X. LFS cvs, packets which X depends on installed,
and following the BLFS book cvs, i get the error:

./config/imake/imake -I./config/cf  -s ./config/makedepend/Makefile.proto -f ./config/makedepend/Imakefile -DTOPDIR=../.. -DCURDIR=./config/makedepend
./config/cf/linux.cf:491: warning: "CompressAllFonts" redefined
./config/cf/host.def:34: warning: "CompressAllFonts" redefined
./config/cf/X11.tmpl:2871: syntax error
./config/cf/X11.tmpl:3674: syntax error
./config/cf/X11.tmpl:3700: syntax error
./config/cf/X11.tmpl:3720: syntax error
./config/cf/X11.tmpl:3732: syntax error
./config/imake/imake: Exit code 1.
  Stop.
make[1]: *** [config/makedepend/Makefile.proto] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc'
make: *** [World] Error 2

2871: #if SharedLibFont

3674: #  if GzipFontCompression

3700: #if CompressAllFonts

3720: #if GzipFontCompression

3732: #if GzipFontCompression

The lines seem to be syntactically correct to me. The only explanation
i have is that the if Arguments are not defined, but at least
CompressAllFonts is defined as the warnings show. What am i doing
wrong?

Kind regards,
Chris