Website todo

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jul 25 11:42:27 PDT 2003

Hi folks, hi Gerard,
I won't be able to work on this until monday and in order to get a
timely release of the new website, I'm calling for the community's
knowledge and support.

Attached you find the cvs2xhtml.pl script, my wrapper script and the
templates which together generate the file website.html. The wrapper is
commented but you'll have to diff cvs2xhtml.pl against the original
cvs2cl.pl (http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/) to see how I mutilated it.

Anyway, I've documented everything I'd like to see fairly extensively at
http://test.linuxfromscratch.org/website.html#todo and the wrapper
script itself has additional instructions. Just untar this in your local
CVS of www (it expands to test/ and doesn't overwrite anything from
CVS), look at the generate_website_dot_html.sh and run it after
configuring it.

If anybody is able to help with improving the wrapper script and with
creating the XSLT stylesheet I'd be very gratefull :)
Other (perhaps easier) solutions are of course welcome, allthough they
should probably use basic UNIX tools (ie. bash, perl, awk, sed etc.).
I'm sure there are also other CVS log parsers which could be used.

<friendly disclaimer>Please don't mail me suggestions on how to _do_
things, but instead mail me _patches, code snippets or scripts_.
Unfortunately I'm reaching the limits of my scripting capabilities here
and this being the holidays, I'm not interested in investigating a lot
of new things right now. :) Thanks everybody!</friendly disclaimer>

--
Jeroen Coumans,
FAQ maintainer