CVS 20030603 and BLFS shadow-4.0.3

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Fri Jul 25 02:39:40 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 15:51, S. Anthony Sequeira wrote:

> Dagmar,
>
> Thanks,  I really do appreciate your answer.
>
> The stock shadow-4.0.3 build OK, it's during autoconf  (after patching
> configure.in) that things get messed up
>
> libtool 1.5 IS in the CVS book, but I would have expected this to have
> shown up before, wouldn't you?

Most everyone else uses LFS 4.1.  It's pretty much an open secret that
one should expect trouble from the CVS version of LFS, because it's
still all in testing for a reason.

> I'll give it a shot.  Thanks.

Use both barrels.

I thought the info about the befouled version of libtool had made it's
way to the LFS-dev editors but apparently I need to destroy my system
again to make a nice list of the dozen or so packages it breaks the heck
out of.  (I've made the mistake of upgrading to libtool-1.5 before
myself)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org