CVS 20030603 and BLFS shadow-4.0.3

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Thu Jul 24 17:22:13 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 07:54:29PM -0400, Jeremy Utley wrote:

<snip>

> The final determination was that this is a side effect of the patches
> made to
> fam and other packages...this is a quote from Greg a few messages into
> it:

<snip>

> I'm in the process of building a LFS-CVS build right now, so I will test
> out this libtoolize --force command to see if it does the right thing.

Jeremy, you are right in that this looks similar to the libfam problem,
except the fix is much easier :-)

Doing the "libtoolize --force" thing should help (tho' I haven't tested it).
But.., the blfs patch is modifying "configure.in". In this instance it would
be much simpler to apply the patch to "configure" then, in theory, there
will be no trigger to rerun the autotools.

People who keep on slamming libtool seem not to understand the real issues.
IMHO, libtool-1.5 is no worse than libtool-1.4.x (but in general, libtool
can sometimes be more trouble than it's worth :-)

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org