CVS 20030603 and BLFS shadow-4.0.3

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Thu Jul 24 16:54:29 PDT 2003

Dagmar, and everyone else -

I brought this to the attention of LFS-dev a few months back, when we
first
discovered that libtool 1.5 was screwing with libfam.  The thread I
started
it is here in the archives:

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-dev/2003/05/1182.
html

The final determination was that this is a side effect of the patches
made to
fam and other packages...this is a quote from Greg a few messages into
it:

<quote Greg Schaefer>
The breakage is caused by the rerunning of the autotools.  What is
happening
is this:

 - The BLFS patch touches various autotools files that force them to be
rebuilt

 - part of this rerunning involves running aclocal

 - aclocal recreates aclocal.m4 (it's programmed to look at
/usr/share/aclocal which, lo & behold, contains libtool.m4 from the
libtool-1.5 package!)

 - we now have a mismatch coz the ltmain.sh in the fam tarball is
version
1.4 but the aclocal.m4 was created from the 1.5 m4 file.  This is
broken,
broken, broken!

The fix is to run:

libtoolize --force

immediately after applying the fam patch

</quote>

I'm in the process of building a LFS-CVS build right now, so I will test
out this libtoolize --force command to see if it does the right thing.

Hope this helps!

-J-

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org