CVS 20030603 and BLFS shadow-4.0.3

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at hermes.sunderland.ac.uk
Thu Jul 24 14:46:35 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:35:48 +0100
"S. Anthony Sequeira" <tony at neutronstar.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Dagmar,
>
> I owe you major.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart.  This should be
> fixed in the CVS book, it has cost me much sleep and a whole chunk of
> time.  Hopefully, other would be LFSers will find this thread if it
> ever happens to them.

I'd like to put a note on my page of updated packages at
http://osiris.sunderland.ac.uk/~ca9mbu/lfs_packages.html.  From this
thread (and vague memories of previous ones) I believe this is due to
the running of autoconf, right?  If so does this issue of renaming "so"
to "0" *only* occur when a package's autoconf/automake stuff needs
updating?  Whilst I acknowledge the problem is a major one, the affected
audience is relatively small (i.e. *usually* only maintainers/developers
of packages).

Thanks for any clarification you can provide,

Matt.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org