alsa & oss

Oliver Martin oliver.martin at i-one.at
Thu Jul 24 10:51:35 PDT 2003

Josef Sevcik schrieb:

> Ok, check whether you have kernel sources in /usr/src/linux
Yes, it's a symlink to linux-2.4.21
> (or use --with-kernel=...).
I actually have to even if it's the default location,
--with-moddir=/lib/modules/2.4.21/kernel/drivers/sound seems to confuse
the configure script a bit.
> Check whether you have .config there.
Yes
> Is the kernel you are runnig the same as the one in /usr/src/linux
> directory?
Yes
> Check for kernel version (alsa is part of kernel till 2.5.xx ages, so it
> don't have sence to install it separately).
What do you mean by "check for kernel version"? I'm using 2.4.21 on a
fresh LFS system (20030603). As 2.6.0 isn't out by now, alsa being in
the kernel tree doesn't help me much and I don't want to run an unstable
kernel release (at least for normal use).

BTW is it true that I have to use gcc 2.95.3 for all kernel modules? But
that isn't the source of my problem, I've tried both 3.2.3 and 2.95.3.

--
Oliver

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org