Apache configuration and some OT

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Thu Jul 24 09:17:26 PDT 2003

On 7/24/2003 1:25 AM, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> On Thursday 24 July 2003 03:13, Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:
>> > 4) Some scripts that reference themselves also put links to /~smth
>> > instead of the location mentioned in request (mostly solved, we just have
>> > to tell people about SCRIPT_URL and SCRIPT_URI).
>>
>> Yes, tell them about it.  Tell them _not_ using those variables makes
>> their scripts non-portable and will be considered bugs...  Bugs that
>> will be remembered the next time an employee evaluation comes around.
>
> They are just physicists, chemists and biologists, not web designers. They are
> good in their fields. They just want additional publications. Knowledge of
> the web technologies will not be required from them at their new work place,
> if any.

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing, but it sounds like you guys
(gals?) are perfect canidates for zope.  There's a doctor in my lug that
works in statistical engineering at a major pharmacutical Co. here in SE
connecticut and he runs zope for the ppl in his workgroup cause it
abstracts all the garbage when you have non-web people activly
publishing to the system.  Also is good from the control standpoint in
that each user can be restricted to their own sandbox.

The bad side is that the whole thing is done in python.  But it might
work for you.   http://www.zope.org/

Cheers,

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org