User's fcrontab is being ignored.

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Jul 24 06:00:22 PDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Frank [ISO-8859-1] Schäfer wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I din't know fcron especially, but:
> >
> > Do you have the right permissions on the crontab directories and
> >

>  well, /var/spool/fcron/ken (the latest version) is owned by root:root
> with permissions of 000 (zero), the earlier version (ken.orig) is owned
> by fcron:fcron with permissions of 640.  root's current fcrontab is owned
> by root:root with permissions of 600, root's original by root:fcron with
> permissions of 600.
>
>  Certainly looks suspicious.  I wonder why it's doing this.  Looking at
> my test box (fcron-2.9.2, which works initially, but I've never managed
> to update the fcrontabs successfully), suggests owner should be
> root:root with permission 600.  I'll try changing it, and rerunning
> fcrontab -z.

 Thanks, Frank, that did it.  I thought it hadn't run again, but it's in
the log, further digging showed my fcron.conf didn't show a location for
sendmail (which is in /usr/sbin, well off any search path, being a
postfix wrapper) so I've introduced vim to fcron.conf.  Obviously
something different in how I did things this time, I didn't have to edit
that file on my test machine.

Ken
--
 Peace, love, linux