OT: Declan and quantum physics

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Thu Jul 24 04:26:37 PDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 08:41:59 +0000 (UTC)
declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie ("Declan. Moriarty") wrote:

> Here, phase is 220VAC w.r.t. ground; neutral is a ground line earthed at
> a substation; earth is a local earth.Clearer?
>
> phase1, phase2, phase3 would imply a 3 phase circuit. I don't have a 3
> phase supply.

most annoying :)

we call the third wire 'live'.

(in practice, neutral can be quite nasty too ;-)

live and neutral are from the local substation (neutral = sub. ground)

earth = local safety earth

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org