Can't build libIDL 0.6.8

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar.wants at nospam.com
Thu Jul 24 01:58:40 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 02:46, Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build Mozilla 1.4 from sources, but I'm having problems with
> required libraries.
> 1.- I have installed atk 1.0.0 OK
> 2.- I have installed pango 1.0.0 OK
> 3.- I have installed pkgconfig 0.15.0 OK
> 4.- I have installed glib 2.0 OK
> 5.- I have installed libpng 1.2.5 OK
> 6.- I have installed gtk+ 2.0 OK
(snippage)
> What have I done wrong in this process? Thanks in advance and best regards,

Do not, do not, do not just pick and choose whatever versions of things
look good to you.  The version numbers of the Gnome Desktop packages
bear no concrete relation to each other or the release they belong to.

Do, do, do use the versions in the BLFS book, and _only_ the versions in
the BLFS book.  Nothing higher, nothing lower.  All else will be likely
to result in _failure_.

Frankly, I'm suspicious that there's other stuff you're not telling us
about because you really should not have been able to get as far as you
did.  (The thing you were doing with CPPFLAGS... Dead wrong.)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org