OT: Declan and quantum physics

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Thu Jul 24 01:44:56 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 10:01:32PM +0100, Ian Molton enlightened us thusly
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:58:43 +0000 (UTC)
> posting at vodacomm.ca (Stephen Bosch) wrote:
>
> > > 'phase' neutral and earth?
> > >
> > > what next? john fred and mary?
> > >
> > > why do people insist on silly names?
> >
> > Please tell us what you'd call them, Ian.
>
> phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3, making a note if any are grounded anywhere, and where. alternatively, 0, 120, and 240 but thats asking for confusion.

Here, phase is 220VAC w.r.t. ground; neutral is a ground line earthed at
a substation; earth is a local earth.Clearer?

phase1, phase2, phase3 would imply a 3 phase circuit. I don't have a 3
phase supply.
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.