Looking for opinions

Guy Benson gbbenson68 at netscape.net
Thu Jul 24 00:55:23 PDT 2003

Hi, list,

I recently upgraded to an LFS system running with glibc 2.3.2 and kernel
2.4.20. Now, for a number of reasons, I would like to start using the
2.4.21 kernel. I actually built and installed the 2.4.21 kernel.
However, when running 2.4.21, my RAID tools don't work properly:
specifically, ioctl() returns a device size of zero. There might be
other things broken, as well.

So, I was thinking about recompiling glibc 2.3.2 against the 2.4.21
headers backwards compatible to 2.4.20 (since I want to keep that kernel
around just in case). Does anybody see a problem with installing this
recompiled glibc over top the "old" glibc? I, personally, don't think it
would be a problem, since its the same glibc version. But, I wanted to
get some opinions before I hose my system.

Guy

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org