List software changes

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jul 23 15:23:06 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

Another mass cross-post to all LFS mailinglists. Sorry, just ignore the
duplicates.

Tomorrow I'm going to start the process of moving all the mailinglists to
Mailman management. When a list is being moved I need to disable it in
Postfix and change the aliases, as well as move the archive over to
Mailman. This will take some time, especially the initial archiving
(Mailman keeps archives (html and mbox) up-to-date as emails arive, so
before the list is opened again, the archives have to be in place first).

I'll send a message to the list I'm working on so don't have to bother
trying to email it. It'll bounce.

Then there's the matter of filtering on you guys' end. I don't see a way to
make Mailman use the X-List: header so I'm afraid you're going to have to
change your email filters. Here's a regex example that'll work:

So that's listname.linuxfromscratch.org, not listname at linuxfromscratch.org.

Examples: lfs-dev.linuxfromscratch.org, faq.linuxfromscratch.org,
blfs-support.linuxfromscratch.org

--
Gerard Beekmans
http://linuxfromscratch.org