User's fcrontab is being ignored.

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Wed Jul 23 10:44:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Frank [ISO-8859-1] Schäfer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I din't know fcron especially, but:
>
> Do you have the right permissions on the crontab directories and
>
> Do you have a file cron.denie or cron.allow (or so). Have a look at the
> man page for fcron. As I said - I haven't installed fcron - I'm using
> vixie's cron.
>
> Regards
> Frank

 well, /var/spool/fcron/ken (the latest version) is owned by root:root
with permissions of 000 (zero), the earlier version (ken.orig) is owned
by fcron:fcron with permissions of 640.  root's current fcrontab is owned
by root:root with permissions of 600, root's original by root:fcron with
permissions of 600.

 Certainly looks suspicious.  I wonder why it's doing this.  Looking at
my test box (fcron-2.9.2, which works initially, but I've never managed
to update the fcrontabs successfully), suggests owner should be
root:root with permission 600.  I'll try changing it, and rerunning
fcrontab -z.

 Weird, running fcrontab -z not only updated ken's fcrontab variants, it
also touched root's, and created fcrontab.sig.  I'll know tomorrow if
this has fixed it.

Ken
--
 Peace, love, linux