Editing PDFs - perhaps scribus?

Declan. Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Wed Jul 23 04:02:05 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:13:18PM +0200, Dan Osterrath enlightened us
thusly Content-Description: signed data
> Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 11:02 schrieb Declan. Moriarty:
> > xml/qdom.cpp:5553: Internal compiler error.  xml/qdom.cpp:5553:
> > Please submit a full bug report.  xml/qdom.cpp:5553: See
> > <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
> > cpp0: output pipe has been closed make[2]: ***
> > [.obj/release-shared-mt/qdom.o] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory
> > `/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/src' make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.0.5' make: ***
> > [init] Error 2 root:/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.0.5#
> >
> > I hit 'make' again, and it's off for another 10 minutes. It's the
> > same tar.bz2 that I compiled earlier, the memory is recently tested
> > good, and the compiler has never done this before. I'm using
> > qt-x11-free-3.0.5, and gcc-2.95-3, cos I never updated from lfs-3.3.
> >
> > And every time I switch on or off my desk lamp, the pc reboots :-((.
> > It seems the bulb or the starter is gone awol. I personally suspect
> > senile dementia in the bulb ;-).
>
> Sounds like your power supply is going to the happy hunting ground.  A
> too less voltage can cause memory errors while compiling because this
> makes the cpu work very hard and consuming much power. Then there
> might be not enough voltage for the memory or other devices that
> affect the memory. (bus, cache, cpu itself, ...) Another indication is
> your desk lamp. When switching on or off it causes a short fall
> voltage that effects your power supply.
>
> Probably your desk lamp killed your power supply over all the years
> turning it on and off...

This got to me.

"All these software guys trying to teach a hardware guy his job" I
thought, and took a look.

5V & 3.3V lines are fine and rock steady. CPU is hot but OK; CPU fan in
business, but something none would have guessed - the cpu socket has
broken where the clip holding the heatsink latches on. No obvious or
semi obvious gunther to get that sorted springs to my agile mind.

The compile is continuing with the side off the box. It is hot.

The voltage theory above is innaccurate. It is a voltage rise caused by
inductor and starter on switch on.
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.