Editing PDFs - perhaps scribus?

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Wed Jul 23 03:14:48 PDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Declan. Moriarty wrote:

> I hit 'make' again, and it's off for another 10 minutes. It's the
> same tar.bz2 that I compiled earlier, the memory is recently
> tested good, and the compiler has never done this before. I'm
> using qt-x11-free-3.0.5, and gcc-2.95-3, cos I never updated from
> lfs-3.3.
>
> And every time I switch on or off my desk lamp, the pc reboots
> :-((. It seems the bulb or the starter is gone awol. I personally
> suspect senile dementia in the bulb ;-).

Do you have a nice weather in Ireland at the moment? 'Cause if it's
rather hot, that could explain both your make failures (and cleaning
the cpu cooler might help) and your desk lamp behaviour (a cold shower
(for you, not the lamp) might help with this one)...

uli

--
Uli Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org