Editing PDFs - perhaps scribus?

Dan Osterrath do3 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Jul 23 03:13:18 PDT 2003

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 11:02 schrieb Declan. Moriarty:
> xml/qdom.cpp:5553: Internal compiler error.
> xml/qdom.cpp:5553: Please submit a full bug report.
> xml/qdom.cpp:5553: See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>
> for instructions.
> cpp0: output pipe has been closed
> make[2]: *** [.obj/release-shared-mt/qdom.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.0.5/src'
> make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.0.5'
> make: *** [init] Error 2
> root:/usr/src/qt-x11-free-3.0.5#
>
> I hit 'make' again, and it's off for another 10 minutes. It's the same
> tar.bz2 that I compiled earlier, the memory is recently tested good, and
> the compiler has never done this before. I'm using qt-x11-free-3.0.5,
> and gcc-2.95-3, cos I never updated from lfs-3.3.
>
> And every time I switch on or off my desk lamp, the pc reboots :-((. It
> seems the bulb or the starter is gone awol. I personally suspect senile
> dementia in the bulb ;-).

Sounds like your power supply is going to the happy hunting ground.
A too less voltage can cause memory errors while compiling because this makes
the cpu work very hard and consuming much power. Then there might be not
enough voltage for the memory or other devices that affect the memory. (bus,
cache, cpu itself, ...)
Another indication is your desk lamp. When switching on or off it causes a
short fall voltage that effects your power supply.

Probably your desk lamp killed your power supply over all the years turning it
on and off...

%> ln -s /dev/null /dev/brain
%> ln -s /dev/urandom /dev/world
%> dd if=/dev/world of=/dev/brain