firebird: undefined symbol: __builtin_new

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Wed Jul 23 00:19:33 PDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, DJ Lucas wrote:

> Ulrich Fahrenberg wrote:
>
> > (other than telling myself to stop using precompiled binaries and
> > go and compile firebird myself).
>
> Take your own advice above, the firebird build is gravy (so is
> Thunderbird if you are interested in that).  The makefile
> (client.mk)  grabs the sources from cvs, runs configure, and make
> with one make command.  You can also define an install prefix in
> the .mozconfig as opposed to copying the dist dir as Matt
> suggested above (either works).

Thank you for all your answers. To report some progress on the issue:
I downloaded firebird-0.6.source.tar.bz2 and built it with

	./configure --a-lot-of-options &&
	make &&
	make DESTDIR=/pack/firebird-0.6 install

and it is working fine. Only it looks like mozilla, it says it is
mozilla-1.4b, and it looks to be exactly as resource-hungry as the
mozilla-1.4 I've been using hitherto. Is it supposed to be like this?

But anyway: For now I'm a happy boy, and if I'd ever want to pull
firebird from cvs and all this fancy crap, I've gained a lot of
confidence that this might actually work.

> A simple shell script keeps me up to date on my weekly upgrades
> and a backup of the previous build.

Sounds cool.

uli

--