viminfo?

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Tue Jul 22 23:11:20 PDT 2003

[23.07.2003] Tony Wang <-- :
> But I still wonder why the "viminfo" and "history" variables I set in
> ~/.vimrc file disappear when I type ":set"

Well, mine does show them. I have devided my rc files into sections,
the general section first, and here I have them listed in this order:
version, comptible, is_bash, helpfile, viminfo, history, ...
Each is a line by itself (to make outcommenting easier). So for your
example I would change mine to look like:
set helpfile=/usr/share/vim/doc/help/help.txt.bz2
set viminfo='20,\"50
set history=50
set nobackup
Saved it, left vim, restarted vim, did a :set and there they are.

Maybe this is important, my exact version is 6.1-248, so if it is a
matter of patching, that must be within the first 248 patches.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org