kdelibs configure can't find qt libs/headers by himself

Rob van Dam rvandam at tref.nl
Tue Jul 22 14:25:37 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: blfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org
[mailto:blfs-support-bounce at linuxfromscratch.org] On Behalf Of Jeremy
Utley
Sent: dinsdag 22 juli 2003 21:50
To: blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: RE: kdelibs configure can't find qt libs/headers by himself

> >hm ... sounds quite normal to me ...
> >It is just a matter of fact that you have to tell kde which
> qt-libs >it
> >should use ...
>
> Yes I know, but I am so much used to the fact that everything
> runs smoothly
> in (b)lfs, that I was wondering if I got a small error here.
>

> >I assume you have done
> >export QTDIR=/path/to/qt?
> >most of the kde pkgs use this and it saves a lot of swearing
> (trust >me,
> I've
> >been there)
> >Stuart
>
> No I didn't, but it's sounds good, so I will give it a try.
> Perhaps a good
> addition to the book?

Why add it to the book, when it's already there???

On the page for ARTS, QTDIR is set, and not unset.

Myself, this is one I put into /etc/profile.

-J-

You are right. There was some time between compiling Arts and kdelibs. I
rebooted the system, so I had to set QTDIR again. I checked the
instructions for kdelibs before I send my e-mail, but I didn't check
Arts.

Sorry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org