Apache configuration

Sam Barnett-Cormack s.barnett-cormack at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 12:52:47 PDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> I am trying to use mod_rewrite under Apache 2.0.47. It works, but interferes
> badly with automatic directory listing generation: I go to
> http://my.site/xray/labs/ (it is rewritten [PT] to /~someone/for_study/), and
> the directory listing shows that it is really a listing of
> http://my.site/~someone/for_study. Even worse, the link up points to this
> /~someone/  directory!
>
> Also some scripts that point to themselves break.
>
> Is this the correct behaviour? If not, how to avoid or circumvent this?

I would reccomend that an Apache mailing list is a better place for this
query. Users here are by no means guaranteed to have ever even looked at
Apache, especially the advanced features like mod_rewrite

--

Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer                           |  Student of Physics & Maths
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org