kdelibs configure can't find qt libs/headers by himself

Thomas Schulte terrorfx at web.de
Tue Jul 22 12:25:11 PDT 2003

Rob van Dam wrote:

> I installed qt exactly according to the blfs-book 1.0. Kdelibs can only
> find the qt libs when I pass the --with-qt-dir=/opt/lib option.
>
> After that the compiling goes normally.
>
> I adjusted /etc/ld.so.conf and I ran ldconfig. I also used the versions as
> in the book.
>
> What's wrong?

Hi Rob!

I've one (stupid) question:

My kdelibs won't compile successfully (neither 3.1, 3.1.1, 3.1.2). There's
is a missing file called "/usr/src/kdelibs-3.1/kdeui/kdialog.lo". So when
you just compiled kdelibs you might have this file on your harddisk.

Would you please send it to me in an email?
I know it's an unprofessional and bad idea, but it's all I can do to help
myself for the moment. So I would like to give it a try...

Thank you very much,
Thomas Schulte

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org